Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Undead Motorcycle Process

Looking through my old work I realized I hadn't modeled a motorcycle in a while. So I decided to look at some bikes and figure out my next little late night project..
KTMs have been all the rage in Bangalore in the last few years so I decided to have a look at them. I lean towards the traditional motorcycle designs.. so this was new territory for me.

After a bit of browsing and allmost changing my mind, I decided to work with the form of the KTM RC8R ..

Downloaded reference images and started working on the concept in photoshop..




Not yet sure which one I'm going to follow, ribs sticking out of the top or bottom.. but anyway I started blocking out the base mesh in blender


All I need to do is detail out a few more mechanical parts and then I'll start on the "guts".
stay tuned for more updates.

UPDATE:


Heres the completed model(you can dowload it here)



I stream these modelling/sculpting sessions live at 1700UTC at the following links:
I respond to live comments during the stream.

These are the previous sessions:






No comments: