Saturday, September 5, 2015

360 degree Video from Blender

So ever since I got google cardboard, I've been fascinated by 360˚ Video.. watching it even without a cardboard device is really good fun. So then I started looking into cameras and other hardware requirement for making these.

Then out of the blue, one of my tweeps tweeted this 

So I promptly googled the process and followed this quick tutorial by StoneBrickProductions  https://youtu.be/tZgG7n-lhUc

Rendering panoramic video has been an old feature in most 3d programs, its just that with youtube 360 we finally have a platform to upload it to.

Anyway heres my model in blender. It took about 12hrs to render using Cycles. I couldn't find the panorama tools in old Blender renderer otherwise would have used that.

Heres a quick 3d animation I made in Blender..  to try publishing my own 360 video to youtube.Rendered a panoramic video with Cycles and then used google's meta data tool to inject meta data so that youtube can process it as a 360 video - https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6178631?hl=en


If you want to study the blender file, you can download it at the bottom of this post..
or view it below:


    360 Test 003
    by Chaitanya Krishnan
    on Sketchfab



No comments: